CONVEY FROM ME, EVEN IF IT IS ONE VERSE.” – SAHEEH AL-BUKHAARI (3461).
All praises is due to ALLAH alone. Only the mistakes have been ours. May ALLAH forgive our sins with His infinite mercy, Ameen.
One of the questions quite often asked of us, is regarding the copyright of Islamic materials.
Point 1- No Intellectual Copyright
First and foremost we wish to point out that there is no such thing as intellectual copyright in Islam i.e. a person cannot quote Quran and Sunnah or anything related to this deen and claim it for himself, as this deen belongs to Allah (swt),
Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. (Aali Imran 3:19)
We are commanded to convey this deen, the Messenger (saw) said in a hadith collected in Sahih Al Bukhari,
“Convey from me even one verse”
and Allah says,
“And our duty (i.e. the Messengers) is only to convey plainly (the Message).” (Ya-Sin 36:17)
The reward we seek for conveying this deen should be sought from Allah (swt).
“No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message), my reward is only from the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). (Ash-Shu’ara 26:109)
Point 2 – The Right of Disposal
Secondly the confusion most people have is that one may be compensated financially for producing a CD for his effort in production etc, however once the product is brought by the buyer he has the right of disposal to do as he wishes with this CD, DVD, book etc. This includes to copy the material and distribute it freely if he wishes. The original seller cannot stipulate any conditions on the buyer once the goods has left his hands.
Point 3 – Copyright is an innovation of the Non-Muslims
If we look to our Islamic History we do not find our scholars copyrighting their works, rather they made it available for the Ummah so that they could benefit from the knowledge.
Unfortunately with the age of technology, some Muslims have started to practice that which never existed in Islam and are following the innovation (bidah) of copyright.
As far as non-copyrighted and/or copyrighted material hosted at this site is concerned:
- You are not only allowed, but in fact are strongly encouraged to copy, print and otherwise reproduce and distribute articles to teach others about Islam, as widely as possible.
- We believe that ALL Islamic Knowledge is the Property of Allah, and as such it is our duty, as Muslims to make that knowledge widely available as a resource for All! However, copyrighted material on this site may not be reproduced without obtaining the copyright owner’s permission beforehand.
- At aALLAH, we are committed to protecting your privacy. The material or links used on this website is used for Dawah (Promotion of Islamic material) Only. The contents are provided with the base link of the source website. If you are the owner of the website and wish to remove your website content or link , please inform us on firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com to get it removed permanently.
- The contents on this website may do not necessarly reflect the views of aALLAH.
- aALLAH.com is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- The views expressed in articles are the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect aALLAH.com editorial policy.
- All the logos/Images mentioned are the property of their respective owners,and are either freeware, shareware, demo versions , public domain or private domain. Please check the Logos/Images owner’s website for details, and contact him/her if in doubt. If no author/licence is indicated that’s because we don’t have information, that doesn’t mean it’s free. If you are the owner of the Image/Logo and wish to remove your Image/Logo/Picture , please inform us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com to get it removed permanently.
- Moreover, aALLAH.com is not affiliated with any of the organizations or authors featured herein.
- It is an independent site without any direct or indirect link to any of the organizations utilizing our page and website.
- aALLAH.com is free from any Movement, Political and/or ideological associations of the website or mediums.
- aALLAH.com does not condone the propagation of any materials violating the United States Federal laws or State Laws whereby religious extremism and/or violence or any misguided ideas are propagated via the respective medium that aALLAH.com page and web site associates itself with.