Islamic Muslim Baby Names
Below are the basic guides on choosing Islamic Muslim baby names.We will be called using our names during judgment day, so choose a good name, and choose it wisely.
- The best name for Muslim baby is ‘Abdullah’ and ‘Abdurrahman’.
- The most suitable name for Muslim baby is ‘Harits’ and ‘Hammam’.
- The most unsuitable, odd or bad name for Muslim baby is ‘Harb’ and ‘Murrah’.
- It is forbidden to use ‘Barrah’ as your Muslim baby name.
- It is forbidden to use bad names or names with improper meanings.
- It is forbidden to use Abdul (meaning ‘slave of’) to any other names except for the 99 names of Allah and Abdullah (meaning ‘slave of Allah’). Example – Abdul Ka’bah.
- It is forbidden to use the 99 names of Allah (Asmaa-ul Husnaa) if there is not Abdul in front of it. Example – Arrahman, Arrahim.
- It is forbidden to use non-Muslim’s names.
- It is forbidden to use names like Sultan, Salaatin, Syahansah, Sayyidun Nas, Sayyidul Kuli, Sayyidu Saadaat.
- It is forbidden to choose names of ‘fetish’ (worship items) like Latta, ‘Uzza, Manat, Assah, Naailat, Hublu, and others.
- It is forbidden to use names of wicked rulers like Fir’aun, Haman and others.
- It is forbidden to use devil names like Al-A’war, Al-Ajda, Khanzab etc.
- It is forbidden to use disgusting animal names.
- It is forbidden to use names that are opposite to all goodness.
- It is highly NOT encourage using names of angels.
- Do not use boy’s names for a girl, and vice versa.
- Do not use a name that doesn’t have any meaning.
- It is advice not to use very long names; most baby names during Prophet Muhammad PBUH only consist of one word.
It is encourage to choose a name that is pronounce (in your own language) just like how it is pronounce in Arabic so that it wouldn’t change the meaning of the word. Whatever names you choose, it is up to you. But please refer to the guides above so that you don’t make mistake choosing a name for your baby.
Historical Muslims Names
Don’t forget to read our article on “What are you naming the baby“